Thursday, May 26, 2005

Bo was robbed!



So Carrie Underwood is the next American Idol. Or should I say Country Idol? Now don't get me wrong, she has a great voice but for the majority of the season she looked more like a 50s housewife than a modern teenager. And what's worst of all is her performance skills were so contrived and robotic. Zero charisma. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised since she had been primed to win this thing since the beginning of the season. It started off with her own farm girl story being told during the auditions to Simon praising her in the media and saying she's the one to beat. Pretty much a blonde, country version of Kelly Clarkson.

I guess I'm somewhat happy Bo didn't win. I don't think he needs the cheesy American Idol title with his country rocker status. I just hope 19 Entertainment allows him to put out a quality record and not fill it up with crap just to get it out soon.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I've only watched one episode of AI, but I thought he seemed totally cheesy and fake-rocker or something. Too contrived.
Really, I only like watching the people who suck. Who cares about people who can sing? Well. Obviously you do. So, I take that back.

Melissa Greenfield said...

And this is coming from someone who loves America's Next Top Model. :)

Lisa said...

OH MY GOD. What are you talking about. ANTM is the best show ever.