Saturday, October 06, 2007

Let's Add to the Craziness

I'm getting old. I've been having these "attacks" of nausea that turn into a backache and make my chest feel kind of tight. It's happened 6 times in the last month and a half. I finally went to the doctor on Friday since it's obviously something that's not going away. She said that it suspiciously sounds like my gallbladder and I could possibly have gallstones.

So now I get to have an ultrasound in two weeks to see if I have this. And if I do, I then need my gallbladder removed. I guess it's common to get them in fertile women especially those who have been pregnant recently because I guess the extra estrogen in my system aggravates things.

I have no idea how I'm going to have surgery with a young infant. She said I'd be out of the hospital the next day, but man that's a lot of pumping I'll have to do. Luckily I've built quite a stash in the freezer.

So I'll keep you updated on what happens next. Until then, I have to eat a low fat diet. Yay.

No comments: