Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I Heart Memes

I found these memes (what does that word mean by the way? I'm an idiot) about books and music. Enjoy.

Directions:
Bold the books you've read.
Underline the books you have sitting on your shelf.
Italicize the books you're planning to read.
Strike through the books you have no desire to read.
(Put parentheses around the books you have never heard of.)


The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown
The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy - Douglas Adams
The Great Gatsby - F.Scott Fitzgerald
To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
(His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - J. K. Rowling
Life of Pi - Yann Martel
Animal Farm: A Fairy Story - George Orwell
Catch-22 - Joseph Heller
The Hobbit - J. R. R. Tolkien
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Mark Haddon
Lord of the Flies - William Golding
Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
1984 - George Orwell
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J. K. Rowling
(One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez)
Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden
The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
Slaughterhouse 5 - Kurt Vonnegut
(The Secret History - Donna Tartt)
Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - C. S. Lewis
Middlesex - Jeffrey Eugenides
(Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell)
Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
(Atonement - Ian McEwan)
(The Shadow Of The Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon)
The Old Man and the Sea - Ernest Hemingway
(The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood)
The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath
Dune - Frank Herbert

No idea where the list of books came from, but I'm glad I've read at least half of them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song titles that come up to answer each question. NO CHEATING.

How does the world see me? "Where Do I Begin" Chemical Brothers (I think that pretty much says it all)
Will I have a happy life? "Cherish" Madonna (I guess if I cherish what's around me, I will?)
What do people really think of me? "Batucada" Towa Tei (Uhhh, yeah I don't know what that means, maybe people don't understand me? Hahaha)
Do people secretly lust after me? "Reminiscing" Little River Band (Is that a yes?)
How can I make myself happy? "Roll Out" Ludacris (I won't even post the lyrics to this song, but it's my biznaaaaaaaaaaassssss)
Will I ever have children? "Underground" Ben Folds (Uhhhhh.....)
What is some good advice for me? "Candy" Mandy Moore (I guess I need to eat more candy)
What do I think my current theme song is? "You've Made Me So Very Happy" Blood, Sweat, and Tears (I like it!)
What song will play at my funeral? "Afterglow" Vanessa Carlton (Sounds good to me)
What type of men/women do you like? "Good Bad Right Wrong" Kaiser Chiefs (Yea I like to change it up a bit. Keep me guessing)
Why am I here? "It's Coming Down" Cake (See just like I can't figure out this answer, I can't figure out why I'm here)
What will people remember me for? "Caoineadh Cu Chulainn (Lament)" Riverdance Soundtrack (Anyone know Gaelic?)
What song will I get stuck in my head tomorrow? "Son of a Preacher Man" Dusty Springfield (Alrighty then.)
Are there people outside waiting to take me away? "Neon" John Mayer (She buzzes just like neon, neon.)
What will this year be all about? "When We Dance" Sting (Neat.)

5 comments:

Laura said...

What is memes???

Melissa Greenfield said...

Exactly. That's what I said at the beginning of this post. I have no idea, but they're fun to do. :)

Laura said...

Where do you find them??

Melissa Greenfield said...

Oh when I'm surfing the net. I see them on other people's blogs.

Anonymous said...

check out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memes

Jeremy |-)