Thursday, January 12, 2006

What's in a dress?

So my husband's company is having their "holiday" party this weekend. It's at the Top of the Hub in Boston, and it sounds like a good time. Unfortunately, it's "semi-formal" attire, and I have very few dresses to pick from and that look good on me. I have this dress from about three years ago that I was supposed to wear to this same party, but the party got cancelled or something. My worry, though, is it too formal for semi-formal? It's black but comes down to my knees and has a cream colored "opening" in the back. Otherwise it's pretty understated. I guess my worry is if it's too long for the occasion. Although my belief has always been it's better to be overdressed than underdressed. I'll post the quick pictures I took of the dress and I would love your opinions (although quite honestly I'm not sure I have any other option other than this pink/mauve kind of dress that makes me look super pale).

2 comments:

Laura said...

The dress is beautiful. It's hard to tell if it is "too" formal. I would say it's okay though given the location of the party and that the dress falls at your knees.

Melissa Greenfield said...

Yea I really love the dress, but the husband found out that it would probably be too formal. And it doesn't fall at my knees, it falls at my feet! LOL. Anyway, I found a good dress today at Macy's after trying on a good 50 dresses. And no I'm not kidding.