Sunday, July 22, 2007

Boy or Girl?

So as most of you know, we have chosen not to find out the sex of the baby. I decided to add a poll to this blog for you to weigh in on what you think the baby might be. Feel free to post a comment, as well as any suggestions for names or when you think the baby will be born, etc.

I'll give you a list of things that I've experienced through my pregnancy if you think it might sway your decision on the gender.
  • I experienced hardly any morning sickness.
  • I carried the baby very high.
  • My belly looks more like a basketball than a watermelon.
  • My original gut instinct was boy, Mr. Ellis's original gut instinct was boy, but now we've both been feeling girl.
  • Every time they've checked the heartbeat it's been over 150 (highest being 167).
  • The Chinese Lunar Calendar predicts a girl.
  • I craved granny smith apples, pineapple, and ice cream.
  • I never had any acne breakouts, and my skin has stayed soft.
  • Almost everyone has said boy, except for my boss, a 3 year old boy, and Mr. Ellis's co-worker (who told us yesterday he is 68 for 75 on guessing the correct gender).
  • We've been pretty solid on a girl's name (although we have a couple others) since before we were pregnant, but we've had a much harder time narrowing down a boy's name.
  • My hair did not seem to grow very fast while I was pregnant, which is unusual since I normally have to shave every other day.
Ok go at it!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Like I said on the phone, I would have picked boy except that I know more people who have had (or are having) boys this year than have had girls. So statistically, I think we're due for a girl. Also then she can be Owen's girlfriend and then they can get married and we can be inlaws. Hee!

Laura said...

Boy? Really I have no idea, just hope it's healthy!!

Name votes- Aidan and Maeve

Melissa Greenfield said...

I love the names Aiden (I prefer it with an "e") and Maeve, but Matt is pretty much a no go on those. :(

Carmen said...

Love your new layout! I initially voted boy, but now I think it's a girl. I firmly believe in the heartbeat rate test. Have you ever heard of the "Drain-o" test?

Melissa Greenfield said...

I do know of the Drano test, yet I have no Drano, therefore have not done the test. :)

Yea I heard the heart rate thing is only good if you take into account the heart rates at the end of the pregnancy. As of last week it was still 151.

I gotta say, I'm really surprised the girl votes outweigh the boy votes, since my whole pregnancy I've been told it's a boy by almost EVERYONE.

Jen Vogelsong said...

My qualifications: A month or two after my one sister got pregnant, I had a dream in which a little red-haired boy with glasses was sitting on her living room floor, watching TV. She had a boy, and he still has red hair (neither she nor husband have red hair). Not sure yet about the glasses thing. When my other sister got pregnant, I had a feeling she was going to be a mother of a girl. Baby was girl.

At first thought, I pegged you as a mother of a boy, but now I'm feeling strongly that you are going to have a girl.

Can't wait to see if I'm right so maybe someday I can be like Mr. Ellis' co-worker who is 68 for 75.