Saturday, November 24, 2007

I did it!

I've joined Weight Watchers.

I managed to lose all 30 pounds from my pregnancy with no trouble. I was already back to prepregnancy weight by my 6 week postpartum check up. It's easy to do when you have a fussy baby and no time to eat or sit down.

So now I want to lose at least 20 pounds that I had gained somewhere between my late 20s and now. Last years miscarriage did a big doozy on me. So I decided to join WW since so many of my friends and my mom had great success on it.

It's been a week and a half and I lost .8 pounds. Ha! But that's ok because they only want nursing moms to lose 1 pound a week.

I did set a ridiculous goal for myself this week, though. I want to lose 2 pounds over Thanksgiving. Yikes! We'll see if I can do it. I have three Thanksgiving dinners to eat. Two have already gone by and I did pretty well. I have one more tonight. The biggest of them all, but I'll keep the ultimate prize in sight and hopefully not over do it.

P.S. By the way, Donnah asked for an update on the whole gallbladder situation. Really there isn't much of an update, which is good. I've had no episodes since the middle of September, and I don't think it's because of my diet either because I know I've had fatty meals since then. Who knows what's going on. If I'm still episode free until my next appointment on Dec. 18 then I'm not going to have the surgery yet.

2 comments:

Owen said...

I am on track this week. I will email you on Tuesday for our email-WW group, but so far I'm doing very well!! Hope you are too! I set myself a goal - a weight I want to reach before I can think about TTC #2 (don't worry, my goal is a ways off and we weren't planning on #2 for a while yet!).

I had a harder time losing weight when I was nursing, just an FYI (I think we talked about this on the phone).

Laura said...

Good Luck!! It's a constant battle!!